Note: this resulted from a summer working with college baseball players, during which I wrote them a program designed specifically to improve their sprinting speed and hitting power.
Questions that will be answered in this episode:
- What is the Falling Start? And why does it help with improving sprint speed and mechanics?
- Why having or developing "quick feet" may NOT actually be the answer you're looking for when it comes to improving sprint speed.
- Common errors that nearly everyone makes during the falling start, and how to correct them.
- How to reduce your risk of injury when beginning a sprint training program.
- What Street Fighter can teach you about ensuring a strong acceleration off the line.